Wednesday 12 October 2016

My Thanksgiving Birch Bark


On Thanksgiving weekend, I went camping with my family. While on a nature walk with my family, we came upon some fallen birch bark trees. I decided to collect pieces of birch bark and share them with my 2/3 students. 

After each student completed a journal entry about their own Thanksgiving weekend, students were encouraged to use the word wall, their personal dictionaries and reading strategies to figure out how to spell their every day words. We also revised their sentences for proper punctuation. 

Below is some of my proud students who were eager to share their Thanksgiving journal entry printed on birch bark. Oh, and did you know that birch bark comes from a seed? 



Student focus and smiles say it all! Writing is so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment